Sunday, January 8, 2012

Priesthood Power

Oh my goodness.... I did it. I posted the one about my newest, biggest secret. I am a little freaked out......

Yesterday I told my mom about it, and she made me sit down and had my dad give me a priesthood blessing. It was nothing spectacular. I was told that I would be able to overcome the problems, and that Heavenly Father is aware of my struggles. Deep inside, I already know that. It's the application I'm having trouble with.

When Aaron & I were at the hospital (see the previous post), my dad showed up unexpectedly. He asked Aaron if he would like a priesthood blessing. Aaron readily agreed and my dad said he'd be back with "the others." I can't begin to describe the peace and joy I felt seeing my two brothers and my brother-in-law (heck, he's a brother, too!) walk in behind my dad and proceed to give Aaron a blessing.

The most amazing thing happened........ nothing. No really, that's the miracle. Nothing was wrong. Earlier, I'd had a distinct impression that Aaron had a blood clot in his lungs or heart that had caused the pain, and was trying to figure out how to take care of things if he went in for surgery. When my dad started the blessing, I received another "impression" that the clot would be taken care of without surgery. I know that somebody we love, that is on the other side of the veil was there taking care of Aaron, and giving me the comfort I needed.

I am so thankful for the priesthood. It truly is the power of God. I was at peace before the blessing began. I know that Heavenly Father is watching out for us.

1 comment: