Two things just keep coming to mind, and I wanted to get them on here. They have nothing to do with each other, so bare with me.
My absolute favorite scripture story has always been Abinadi. I have been reading the story recently, just because that's where I am in my personal study. But I am, once again, amazed at the testimony he shares, and how it strengthens mine. Abinadi didn't have to sacrifice his life. He could have gone into hiding, he could denied his testimony of Christ, he could have just stopped talking about it when things got rough. The part that really sticks out, is the testimony. I have never been very good at this. Sometimes I just go with the flow of life, and forget that I have the truth, and I should not be afraid to share the gospel. I absolutely love the peace of the gospel. It gives me peace and joy when life seems dark and full of trial. THIS is why we have the scriptures. Great examples, and stories to uplift. What a blessing....
Last week, Aaron had a biopsy done. It is just a tiny mole, right above his right eye. It started changing colors and getting bigger, so I called a dermatologist and he went in. The Dr. immediately wanted it removed. He said it's a 50% chance of being cancerous. We still don't have the results. Aaron has two stitches from the biopsy.
The day Aaron removed the bandage from the wound, Carson and he were laying on our bed together. Carson saw the stitches and said "Daddy, what happened?" Carson is usually a rough kid, rarely gently, but he was SO concerned about his daddy. Aaron calmly explained that the doctor had cut something out to make sure he wouldn't get sick. Carson said "does it hurt, daddy?" and he said "yes, it does buddy." Carson very gently touched his daddy's cheek. My heart just melted. It is so cheesy, but it was amazing to watch father and son have a gentle discussion about it. My husband can be the most amazing daddy!
Sometimes it's really the "little things" like that which mean the most. I have seen a lot of "little things" my husband has done with the kids. Reading a story to them when I've lost my voice and they NEED the attention. Dancing with them, telling them how much he loves their mommy. Telling our girls how beautiful they are. Holding a crying child. Soothing them when they hurt. Staying up late with a sick baby because I have to get up early for work.
I realize a lot of my blog has been about the negative, because I started this blog at a very difficult time in our marriage. However, I have to point out the "little things" that happen, that amaze me daily. Lately he started having PPI interviews (one-on-one time) with each kid every Sunday morning. It's so sweet to hear, even though I'm not in the room. He's a great daddy, and husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment