Vanessa is hilarious. I don't know where she gets it from, but definitely not me. I don't see Aaron being that way as a child, but I obviously wasn't there so who knows. I could have an entire blog based on the funny things she says. Here are a few that come to mind:
She loves to sing the last word of a sentence, it sounds like the "word girl" phrases. The other day, it was "let's paint my na-ai-il-s!" yesterday, it was "I want to wear my sw-ea-t-e-r!" It was so funny I kept making her say it again. She not only sings, but she does this little dance and shakes her butt while she moves her hands. Adorable.
She watched a Yo Gabba Gabba episode about healthy eating, and is always talking about "a party in my tummy". She asks all of us in the family if we are having a party in our tummy when we eat. Then, she asked me if Jesus has a party in his tummy. I was tempted to just say "no, he doesn't eat where he is" but decided to ask what she thinks. She said "I think that tonight, when I am sad, and crying, I will ask Jesus to come and help me, and then I will ask him if He has a party in his tummy."
She asks me why people call her "Nessa" and I said "it's your name." She said "oh..... yeah...." then a couple hours later asked why some people call her "Vanessa" and I said "that's your full first name, Nessa is like a nick name." She said "oh..... yeah...." lol.
She loves to tell me stories about "when she was a little girl".
She is ALL girl (definitely not something she got from her parents) and loves to wear pretty dresses, if she finds one that is 2 sizes too big, she will scream about it until she is allowed to wear it, with her "boobies" showing. She loves anything purple or pink, and sparkles are to DIE for. She wants her ears pierced, and she loves dressing up as a princess.
She asks her daddy to be her prince so she can be a princess.
She tells me that she is rude, then waits for me to validate her and say "you are not rude. What you did was rude. You are a sweetheart"
She is afraid people hate her, but is not afraid to talk to them and be herself. She went through a phase where she was convinced the princesses on her bed sheets hated her for sleeping on them. She slept on the floor because she was certain they would hurt her. She frequently asks "do you like me?" or says "nobody likes me, huh?" and of course, we all rush in and say "everybody LOVES you!"
She will talk to ANYBODY about the things she finds important. She has a scrape on her knee, she loves to suck her thumb, she twirls her hair, she got stitches when she "tried to run through a wall", she has a "brown tooth" (it's actually turning grey because when she fell she hit the tooth), she had yucky poop that got all over the bathroom, and her clothes (I'm leaving out the details she thinks she needs to share)... She tells everybody her name, and the other day somebody in the ward said "I know your name. Everybody knows your name!" It was so funny, I realize she is definitely my most outgoing child!
Look forward to more Vanessaisms, as I remember to post them! I love being her mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment