Friday, June 1, 2012

Too Fast.... last day of school! Already?

Everybody is always talking about how fast life goes. It's crazy how much it speeds up as you get older. Today was Karleah's last day of 4th grade, and Nathanael's last day of Kindergarten. Where does the time go? I was fortunate to get the twins registered for preschool next fall, too. I can't believe my kids are getting so grown up.

I have a friend that just started the IVF process and has posted a few things on FB about what she is going through. I keep thinking "was it really that long ago for us?" Seems like we were just barely struggling to start our family, and suddenly our "baby" is two!

Karleah has had some amazing experiences in the Spectrum program this year. She was blessed with a great teacher that cared about the students. When Aaron was in the hospital, she showed some incredible support to my little girl, and to me. Karleah is a talented writer, she loves to read, she is amazing at math (but thinks she is terrible LOL). Her dimples are becoming more pronounced. I couldn't wait to have her, and now she's already 10 (going on 25). She is an amazing big sister. I am in awe of her. I wish I had her talent. She is starting to get a little shy, like she's realizing her faults and that is so sad, because she is truly amazing. I try to help her learn from my mistakes, but she insists I don't understand. (Yeah, I know, "just wait til she's a teen!")

Nathanael's teacher was pretty amazing, too. She works SO hard to find fun, new things for the kids to learn. The kids just adore her. Even my twins were excited to see her at Nathanael's kindergarten graduation yesterday. Vanessa wanted to show "Garcia" her stuffed animal. I can't believe how well Nathanael is reading! Unfortunately he still doesn't know his phone number or address, but he can READ! He sure has a temper when things don't go his way, but he is SO sensitive and sweet. When he was little he used to tell me "I'm your sweetheart, huh!" and he still is (when he's in a good mood anyway LOL).

Carson is still TROUBLE. He loves to run away, but he is learning. He loves to tell me stories, and he is so animated it just makes me laugh. He has a slight speech impediment, and I think it's adorable (although very hard to understand sometimes! Nathanael has to translate!)

Vanessa is as much a drama queen as ever. She is always saying "if you don't let me..... then....." my personal favorite is when she threatens Aaron that he won't be her prince anymore. She asks him to be her prince all the time. It's so sweet.

Faith is just the sweetest thing still. She has discovered the joy of the toilet, the other day I found her with wet hair, and when I saw her walk into the bathroom it donned on me where she was getting the water..... EWWW

I love my kids. I am so blessed to be their mommy. Shout out to teachers everywhere. They do so much for our kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment